Wellness Conference 2019
WELLNESS CONFERENCE HOME
Download the brochure
In a profession that prides itself on helping others, attorneys often forget to help themselves. In 2017, the American Bar Association (ABA) released its report, The Path to Lawyer Well-Being: Practical Recommendations for Positive Change. It found an overwhelming number of attorneys experience chronic stress and high rates of depression and substance abuse. These conditions can impact an attorney's competency, skills and professionalism.
We'll address how the Tennessee Rules of Professional Conduct relate to attorney wellness and offer practical advice and wellness strategies that apply to all attorneys, whether you are a solo practitioner or practice at a big firm, small firm, or in-house.
Presenters will cover topics such as:
- Understanding how a lawyer’s desk bound daily schedule impacts physical and mental health
- Detecting early signs of toxic stress and practical strategies for dealing with it
- What self-care strategies work for people suffering from mental health issues?
- Prioritizing sleep, exercise and diet, and improving productivity
- Foster a more positive attitude, which confers physical health benefits and reduces mental distress