I am interested in getting involved.
Thank you for your interest in getting involved with the Knoxville Bar Association. Click on the button below to use the Get Involved Sign up Form.
Benefits of Volunteering
Enhance the profession, reap the benefits of expanding connections, and leverage career advancement opportunities all while volunteering with the KBA.
Build a Professional Network
Build your professional network by forging lasting relationships hundreds of KBA volunteers in East Tennessee.
Gain Skills and Experiences
Develop and sharpen vital new skills, including leadership, collaboration and team-building techniques.
Develop as a Leader
Leverage opportunities to develop your personal leadership skills while making a difference in your profession, community, and life.
It is free for members to join Committees and Sections. The best time to sign up for Committees and Sections is during dues renewal in December. Some committees have a set number of participants or close participation after the start of each new year, so you may not be able to join at a later date throughout the year. Each committee operates a little differently, some plan events, while others may address ongoing needs of the association, the profession or the community. If you have questions about your commitment, contact the chair(s) of the committee to learn more. If you indicate interest in participating in a section, you will automatically be added to that group in our member database and you will receive updates on CLE, meetings and other activities of interest to committee/section members.
There are volunteer opportunities available for everyone no matter how much time you have or whether you want to be involved in committee work or a short-term project.
Here are some examples:
• Help review potential rule changes – join the Professionalism Committee.
• Express an interest in speaking at a CLE program.
• Coordinate social events for your bar association colleagues – join the Functions Committee.
• Influence the profession by writing white papers on topics to help the general public learn more about the law.
• Volunteer to write an article for DICTA.
• Help plan networking events with other professions – join the Interprofessional Relations Committee.
• Learn about opportunities to interact with local legislators – join the Legislative Committee.
• Become a Mentor for the Moment to help a colleague with a legal question in your area of practice concentration.
• Offer to write an article for the legal column in the Greater Knoxville Business Journal.