Update your Listing in the 2018-2019 Attorneys’ Directory
The KBA prints an annual Attorneys’ Directory each July which is read by over 2,200+ attorneys, judges and law students. The KBA Attorneys’ Directory is a frequently used resource in offices throughout the East Tennessee legal community. The printed Attorneys’ Directory is the perfect complement to the Online Attorney Directory included in the members’ only section of the KBA’s website at www.knoxbar.org. The Online Attorney Directory, which is accessible only to KBA members, includes contact information, photo, year licensed, areas of practice, BPR #, languages spoken, states where licensed and even social networking sites. Double your chances to get found by confirming that your information is listed accurately. To verify online, click on “myKBA Profile” in the members’ only section of www.knoxbar.org. You may also use this form to update your individual profile.
|PLEASE NOTE: If your home address is listed in your member profile, or if you prefer NOT to be listed in the printed version of the 2018 Attorney Directory, please click on the Directory Exceptions Form to provide us with an update for publication purposes.|
The deadline for changes to the print directory is June 15, 2018. Along with the individual listings, there will be easy-to-reference tabbed sections for the Courts, Government Officials, Firm Listings, Areas of Practice, Arbitration/Mediation and Attorney Services.
- The Areas of Practice section provides you with a quick reference section to list your areas of expertise so that you can be found by those looking for someone with your special knowledge. Make certain that the three “areas of practice” designations you’ve chosen accurately reflect your practice in 2018/2019.
- Are you a Rule 31 or Federal Court mediator? If so, include your name in the Mediator/Arbitrators list in the printed Attorneys’ Directory by updating your myKBA profile on www.knoxbar.org to reflect your mediation and arbitration certifications. Build your mediation practice by adding your Mediator Profile to the KBA website so others will learn about your mediation and arbitration experience. More than 116,000 people have visited the KBA website since it launched last Spring and of those, more than 1,500 have searched the Find a Mediator section of the KBA website. Each mediator profile at www.knoxbar.org includes information about training, mediation and arbitration certifications, hourly rates and subject area experience. A low annual fee of $100 is offered to KBA members. A new “compare listings” option has just been added to the online listings to permit folks searching for a mediator to compare experience and areas of expertise.
- Volunteer as a mentor in the KBA’s Mentor for the Moment Program on the Mentor for the Moment page in the members’ only section of the KBA website! The Mentor for the Moment program offers quick telephone access to the counsel of attorneys who have experience with, and knowledge of particular dilemmas and areas of practice. A new Apprentice Mentor category has been added for those admitted to practice 3-9 years.
- Have you considered a Firm Listing to promote your firm’s practice areas? Get found by colleagues and potential clients in local lawyer searches by adding a firm listing! Whether you are a sole-practitioner or a large multi-office firm, it's an effective and affordable way to let others know about your practice. In addition to a print listing, make sure your law firm is listed at www.knoxbar.org. The Find a Lawyer section of www.knoxbar.org has been visited over 20,000 times over the past year and more than 2,500 potential clients used the online firm listings to learn more about area law firms. Use www.knoxbar.org to provide potential clients and other attorneys with information about your practice 24/7! Law firms are searchable based on firm name and areas of practice but we’ve recently added “Search by Attorney Last Name” to highlight individual attorneys. Choose the PREMIUM listing to showcase the individual attorneys within your firm. Complete the firm listing request form.
- Enter the Knoxville Bar Association’s photo contest for the cover of the 2018 KBA Attorneys’ Directory! Join in the fun and submit your photo. The selected photo will be featured on the cover of the 2018 KBA Attorneys' Directory and acknowledgement of the photographer (you!) will be printed inside the Directory. Submit photos by June 15th to Marsha Watson at email@example.com.
The printed Attorneys’ Directory will be available to members in August, but now is a great time to make sure your law firm and personal contact information is up-to-date.