Veterans Resources- www.VA.gov
Veteran’s Crisis Hotline – (800) 273-8255 – Press 1
- A veteran in crisis, having thoughts of hurting themselves or someone else, or just needing someone to talk to can call this hotline 24/7.
myVA311 – Dial 1(844) 698-2311
- You will hear a menu of options that you can select from to route you to the available services.
Department of Veteran Affairs Veteran’s Justice Outreach Specialist: Torrie Dreier, LCSW – email Torrie.Dreier@va.gov • Cell: (423) 915-6653
- VJO specialists provide direct outreach, assessment and case management for justice-involved Veterans in local courts and jails and liaison with local justice system partners.
Department of Veteran Affairs Homeless Hotline – (877) 424-3838
- If a veteran is homeless or imminently homeless, facing eviction, or just out of prison and homeless, they can call this hotline for assistance.
Knoxville Homeless Outreach – (865) 670-2369
- Puts caller in contact with the clerk for the Homeless Team who will take information and then a Homeless Team member will follow up with the veteran.
Knox County Veterans Services Office – (865) 215-5645 • 1000 N. Central St., Knoxville, TN 37917
Tennessee Department of Veterans Services – (865) 594-6158 • 9047 Executive Park Dr., Suite 208, Knoxville, TN 37923
- The Knox County Veterans Services office and the Tennessee Department of Veterans Services assist veterans and surviving spouses in filing applications for Service Connected Disabilities, Improved Pension Benefits with Housebound or Aid and Attendance, Healthcare Enrollment, Educational, Home Loan, and Burial Benefits with the Department of Veterans Affairs. For more information visit www.knoxcounty.org/veterans or www.tn.gov/veteran.
William C. Tallent VA Outpatient Clinic – 8033 Ray Mears Blvd, Knoxville, TN 37919 • (865) 545-4592
American Civil Liberties Union of Tennessee (ACLU-TN)
P.O. Box 12060
Nashville, TN 37212
Ph: (615) 320-7142
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
Nashville Field Office
220 Athens Way, Suite 350
Ph: (800) 669-4000
Federal Trade Commission
Southern Region, Federal Trade Commission
Suite 1500, 225 Peachtree Street, NE
Atlanta, GA 30303
Ph: (877) FTC-HELP (382-4357)
Tennessee Department of Consumer Affairs
500 James Robertson Pkwy, 12th Floor
Nashville, TN 37243-0600
Ph: (800) 342-8385
Tennessee Court Resources
Tennessee Courts Self-Help Center:
Appellate Courts of Tennessee:
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit:
Supreme Court of Tennessee:
Tennessee Uniform Residential Landlord and Tenant Act (Tennessee Landlord Tenant Act): http://secure.uslegalforms.com/lawsummary/TN/TN-864LT.htm
Tennessee Annotated Code:
Personal Injury & Automobile/Truck Accident Resources
Tennessee Online Driver Services:
Tennessee Department of Transportation:
Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations:
Worker's Compensation Resources
Tennessee Department of Labor and Workforce Development & Worker's Compensation Information: https://www.tn.gov/workforce/injuries-at-work.html
OSHA: U.S. Department of Labor Occupational Safety and Health Administration:
U.S. Department of Labor: http://www.dol.gov/
Domestic Relations Resources
Tennessee Child Support Services:
Tennessee Council of Juvenile and Family Court Judges:
Legal Resource Guide
Finding Legal Assitance in Knoxville
A Public Service of the Knoxville Bar Association
The Knoxville Bar Association is pleased to provide the following directory of Legal Service providers in our community. Learn about government agencies, nonprofits, pro bono organizations and others who help to ensure that all citizens have equal access to justice.