Thanks for being part of our Listserv community. To ensure the best possible experience for all Listserv members, we have established some basic rules for participation.
By using KBA listservs, you agree that you have read and will follow the rules set for these peer discussion groups. You also agree to reserve list discussions for topics best suited to the medium. This is a great way to solicit the advice of your peers, benefit from their experience and participate in an ongoing conversation.
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important rules. If you have questions, contact the chair of your section/committee or Marsha Watson, KBA Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to preserve a climate that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, the KBA reserves the right to suspend or terminate membership on lists for members who violate these terms. If you do not accept these rules, please unsubscribe from the list by following the directions at the bottom of the listserv message.
- Do not "flame," challenge or attack others. The discussions on the lists are meant to stimulate conversation, not to create contention. Flaming includes the making of derogatory comments, ridicule, excessive sarcasm and innuendo.
- Use caution when discussing items. Information posted on the lists is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- Do not post commercial messages on any listserv. Contact people directly with product and service information if you believe it would help them.
- Comments regarding courtroom practices may be addressed by identifying the specific court.
- Legal questions should be posed in the form of a general fact pattern. Do not post personal details or private information about any other person or any confidential information or any information that would infringe upon the proprietary, privacy or personal rights of others.
- Do not promote events or CLE programs which are not sponsored by the KBA.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials or language are strictly prohibited.
- Please note carefully all items listed in the disclaimer and legal rules below, particularly regarding the copyright ownership of information posted to the list.
- Remember that the KBA and other e-mail list participants have the right to reproduce postings to this listserv.
- Do not distribute any SPAM, solicitation, jokes, chain letters, petitions for signatures or letters relating to pyramid schemes, missing persons or once-in-a-lifetime deals.
- Send your message only to the most appropriate list(s). Do not spam several lists with the same message.
- Include a signature block on all messages. Include your name, affiliation, location, and e-mail address.
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject..
- Only send a message to the entire list when it contains information that benefits everyone.
- If you receive a message requesting information on a particular topic, and you would like that information, too, please respond to the original sender and ask him or her to share whatever is sent in response to the query. And originators, you can offer to share a summary of what you learn with your fellow listserv users to cut down on email traffic.
How Lists Work
NOTE: There is a one-time setup (CERTIFY EMAIL) that must be performed in order for you to use any of the online tools and search the list archives. Click on your myKBA Profile and then “Access My List Viewer” from the menu under the photo. Click on “Email Certify” to certify your email address.
To Browse, Search the archives, Post and/or Change your Settings, click on your myKBA Profile and then “Access My List Viewer” from the menu under the photo.
When you send an Email to kba(insert section name here_)@lists.trialsmith.com your message is automatically emailed to EVERY member on the list. It’s great for exchanging information or seeking information from everyone on the list. When you respond by clicking REPLY ALL, EVERYONE ON THE LIST sees your response, OR you can click REPLY, or directly on the sender’s email and send a message only to the sending lawyer. If you do not want your response to go to every member, click on REPLY, not REPLY ALL.
Members can make changes to their listserv preferences by accessing your listserv setup within your myKBA Profile or you may send an email to email@example.com asking for the change. When your account was created, it was set up to receive messages via email as they are submitted to the list. You also have the option of receiving all of the messages submitted to the list in one daily email. This is called DIGEST and members may find that it is helpful to DIGEST the messages to reduce the number of emails you receive. Members who wish to only review messages through the website or search the archives, should select Vacation or Web Only Mode. If you are gone for any amount of time, you also have the option of temporarily setting your account to "VACATION". You may subscribe/unsubscribe to the listservs at any time through your myKBA Profile.
Here are some other helpful tips to maximize your use of the list.
1. To send an email to everyone:
.....send an email to kba(insert section name here_)@lists.trialsmith.com
2. To Browse, Search the archives, Post and/or Change your Settings:
.....go to https://www.knoxbar.org/?pg=mykba and login using your KBA account information.
.....Click on "Access My List Viewer" from the menu below the photo area and choose from the Lists menu tabs.
3. Drop your name from the list by:
.....Send an email to leave-kba(insert section name here_)@lists.trialsmith.com
.....Users are automatically dropped.
Questions? Contact Marsha Watson, firstname.lastname@example.org or 865-522-6522.